[RTTY] N1MM and TS590S

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Sat Oct 19 09:04:35 EDT 2013

Have you set menu item 63 (audio input line selection for data
communications) to USB?

Have you set menu item 64 (audio level of USB input for data
communications) to a sufficient level?

Have you configured MMTTY to use the TS-590 "Sound Card" for
transmit?

If you are using MMTTY commands for PTT switching, have you
modified the normal MMTTY Kenwood CAT commands to use 'TX1;'
instead of 'TX;' in order to select USB/ACC2 audio instead
of microphone audio?

If you are using a hardware PTT, is it connected to the *pin 9*
of ACC 2 (PSQ) in order to select USB/ACC 2 audio and mute the
mic?  Using microphone PTT (or pin 13 of ACC 2) selects the mic
input and ignores the USB/ACC 2 audio.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV