[RTTY] ARRL Symbol rate proposal

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Sun Oct 20 00:04:28 EDT 2013

This "NO CODE" ham certainly operates in the CW band.  At the time I took my
written Extra exam, and passed it with a 100% score BTW, the FCC also
required a 20 wpm CW test element.  Before I could get my code speed up to
snuff to take that element of the exam the FCC modified the rules
eliminating the CW requirement altogether.  My written exam credit was still
valid however so I applied for and was granted my Extra (NO CODE) license.
Now, years latter, I happily work CW contests and chase DX at 30 -32 wpm.
Go figure!

73,
Gary AL9A