[RTTY] Simple filtering for SO2R ?

Gordon Bousman nw7d.ham at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 19:44:27 EDT 2013

I'm just getting started in setting up my station for SO2R and am taking
baby steps to get things set up due to a somewhat limited budget.  However
I now have a 6-Pack antenna switcher in the shack and a MicroHam M2KR+ will
arrive in a few days to control my Icom 7600 and 756 Pro III rigs using
Writelog.  As far as filtering goes (and in order to be ready for the WAE
RTTY contest), can I get by for now with filtering by just making up some
stubs (which I think I will mount at the 6-Pack)?  I only have one
low-power amp (300 watts) and the 2nd rig will run barefoot.  The main
antennas are two hex beams separated about 100' from each other - plus a
wire OCF antenna for 40-80 which is more or less between the two hex beams.
 I've tried to read about stub filtering online but I'm still unsure
whether stub filters alone are sufficient.  I would hate to blow up the
front end of my brand new 7600.

Thanks for any advice - this is sort of a last-minute rush SO2R project to
be ready for WAE.

73 Gordon NW7D