[RTTY] ZC4LI : SK

iw1ayd - Salvatore Irato iw1ayd at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 09:12:46 EDT 2013

I was late reading this sad notice. But I have anyway the urgency to
participate with all of you.
Steve will deserve much more of what I could offer now.

Another brick of ours well know place has gone with Steve.

Him was one of the first from witch I learned how to operate, almost
looking at him in several contest.
Steve was the first nearest exotic signal that I decoded, with my poor
dipoles under the roof at home.
There are not that much signals from that area.
Lately, I still remember the first 10m RTTY Contest ...
Then Steve was the first one coming out from the dark night at dawn.
After is signal was coming out from the mud of the noise and grooved
somewhat up all other station from far east went on. That was a really
nice dawn on the radio.

Each time we had a QSO, both with my personal call or the club call
sign, I have had such a mute and friendly hand shacking on air.. As when
you see a friend far away, too far to say anything, but near enough to
say "Ciao, Steve" in your head with a smile on your face. This was each
time we had a QSO finding him on a bands or having him calling us back
at the club station call sign. At the club station each operator of the
time had just to write 73 but informed all of us there "Qui c' e' Steve
ZC4LI. Ciao Steve!" - Here is ... -, before to go over the next contact.
All of us went saying "Hi" to him.

      Ciao Steve TU. CU.

          73 de iw1ayd Salvo