[RTTY] 75 Baud ... RigExpert ...

Peter Laws plaws at plaws.net
Sat Sep 21 10:14:34 EDT 2013

>From the replies, I guess I wasn't clear (sorry!).

I'm looking for potential SOFTWARE alternatives.  If I were to keep
the RigExpert, are there other SOFTWARE options I can use with N1MM
for the 75-baud contest?  Does 2tone transmit or is that just a
receiver?  Can MixW be used as an engine?

As for competing products, Signalink and Rascal are out because they
don't do FSK (yes, I am the purist mentioned in the FAQ on the
Signalink site).  AFAIK, the recent RigBlaster with the sound chip
built in does not use the Icom ACC1 port, and I really want to be able
to use the USB-D/LSB-D modes on my 746Pro.

But again, what are my *software* alternatives?  If the limitation is
in MMTTY, I can live with EXTFSK for the 99% of the time I do 45-baud
RTTY (and wait for the open source crowd to "fix" the keying issues)
and hook up my RigBlaster+ again for the Sprint 75.  If the limitation
is in the RigExpert, I'll just return it but would rather not since
it's a pain.

No one seems to be able to tell me which piece has the limitation:
MMTTY or the RigExpert TI-5.

Also, MMTTY does 75-baud FSK, without using EXTFSK, just fine.  Just
not on a RigExpert TI-5

Peter