[RTTY] To DE or not to DE

Bill Turner dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 25 10:43:00 EDT 2013

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:          (may be snipped)

On Wed, 25 Sep 2013 07:10:43 +0200, PD3EM wrote:

>Also with a lot of stations answering on a running station the exchange is (for me) preferred to be like:
>CQ TEST W6SX W6SX CQ
>DE PD3EM PD3EM

REPLY:

May I suggest instead of DE PD3EM PD3E just send your call three times
instead of two and eliminate the "DE". I think you'll have better results,
especially in QRM and QRN situations.

I can't prove it's better, but it seems to me the "DE" does not add any
useful information whereas the extra call does.

Do what you think is best.

Hope to see you this weekend.

73, Bill W6WRT