[RTTY] To DE or not to DE

Al Kozakiewicz akozak at hourglass.com
Mon Sep 30 12:00:02 EDT 2013

I admit to not suffering fools gladly.  Even so, are people so stupid or lazy as to not think at all???  A RTTY pileup such as I heard on a single frequency lasts 30 seconds or longer before it subsides enough for the calling station to answer (and be heard).  It must be especially frustrating to them, since it ruins their run rate.  Is there any plausible reason to think in that situation it would be unclear who you are calling? The obvious shouldn't need an explanation.  Operators own the responsibility for the content of their transmissions and their behavior, not the developers of MMTTY.

As to the suggestion of gentle emails, I've had enough spittle flecked invective (and phone calls, for crissakes) hurled my way in response, most suggesting that I mind my own business (?), that I think I'll pass.  In this case, it's more satisfying to curse the darkness then light a candle.

Al
AB2ZY