[RTTY] Data sub-mode switching on K3

Dave Barr recordupe at verizon.net
Wed Apr 2 17:55:11 EDT 2014

Sometimes I want to monitor RTTY while I am operating JT65/9 on my K3
(sn7901) which has the sub-rx.  The only way I have figured out to do
this is to set both vfo A and B with [A>B] to data sub-mode AFSK A (LSB)
for RTTY, and then switch vfo A to DATA A (USB) for JT.  If at anytime I
try to use the [B Set] function, to change band width for example, the
AFSK A (LSB) mode in vfo B changes to DATA A (USB).  If I use the A/B
function both vfos become set to the sub-mode that was originally
selected for vfo A.

Setting split mode this way seems rather cumbersome, just as is the
inability to use [Freq Ent] with [B Set].  Am I missing something, or is
this just the way things are, and something to suggest for future software.

Dave, K2YG