[RTTY] Contester opinions on AL800H amp

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Sun Apr 6 22:40:20 EDT 2014

I can't comment on the AL800H but I have been using AL-80B's for many years with success. I own two of them. They are only rated at
500 watts on RTTY with a single 3-500Z tube but one time I accidentally keyed one up for 30 minutes on RTTY and it didn't hurt it a
bit.

I've been running mainly single band ten meters in the RTTY contests this year that have single band categories and I haven't burned
anything up yet (KNOCK ON WOOD). I did lose one of the tubes a while back and replaced it with an RF Parts tube. The other one still
has the original tube. Both are at least ten years old if not older.

73, Don AA5AU