[RTTY] MINUTES OF ARRL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Mon Apr 14 14:23:41 EDT 2014

> 4.2.4. Comments on the ARRL’s petition, RM-11708, continue to be
> received by the FCC past the deadline, most of them brief comments
> of support but with some opposing comments that reflect a
> misunderstanding of the existing rules and the very limited effect
> that replacement of the existing symbol rate limit with a bandwidth
> limit would have on current HF operation.

K1 continues to lie through his teeth ... He signed these minutes so
it is clear that he wrote or is responsible for them.

Comments on RM-11708 are relatively evenly split between those who want
continued protection of narrow band modes from wideband interference
and the cookie cutter "we want PACTOR 4" stuff.  There is very little
critical thinking among those comments supporting the ARRL's proposal
while there is a lot of clear thought expressed by those who raise very
legitimate concerns about increased interference to traditional narrow
band emissions which represent more than 99% of all users who will be
impacted by this move.

N9NB has made comments opposing this boondoggle based on sound academic
work showing that an increase in permitted baud (symbol) rate increases
the power spectral density in a fixed bandwidth.  Replacing the 300
baud limit with a fixed 2.8 KHz bandwidth limit makes those high baud
rate data signals even more of an interference issue than traditional
SSB or AM phone.  Of course, the interference from phone to narrow
bandwidth modes is exactly what the Commission and the general amateur
population have sought to avoid for at least 80 years.

If the comments of *anyone* reflects "a misunderstanding of the
existing rules," the history of those rules and the reason they exist
it is the constant lie being presented as "fact" by K1ZZ - someone
who should know better and be acting in the best interests of amateur
radio not promoting the narrow interests of two directors.

It is time for K1ZZ to retire *NOW* and if he doesn't go voluntarily,
it is time for the Board of Directors to sack him.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV