[RTTY] From: RTTY

RTTY rtty at contesting.com
Fri Apr 18 14:16:29 EDT 2014

 > The modern solution is web based forums.  Like them or not, at least
 > they don't require email as an enabling technology and thus are not a
 > vector for spam.

Web based forums are a blunt instrument when a scalpel is appropriate.
With web based forums one is locked into being on-line to participate
which may be fine for group based business environments but is very
limiting for users who do not have the bandwidth and time to do every-
thing on-line.

I web based forums to be much more shallow - prone to the quick SMS
type response - and not conducive to situations where one wants/needs
to research and bring outside sources into a discussion.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV