[RTTY] New proposal for a Automated Digital Contest

Joe Subich, W4TV via RTTY rtty at contesting.com
Sat Apr 19 14:23:18 EDT 2014

 > One question, is it legal for a automated station to beacon, i.e.
 > call CQ?

It's not a beacon (a one way transmission) if one is soliciting a
contact.  However, to be fair and set a good example, MMTTY and 2-Tone
would need to be extended to provide a "channel busy" signal to hold
off CQ transmissions or automatically QSY prior to a CQ if the
frequency was busy.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV