[RTTY] New Winlink usage

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Wed Apr 23 15:20:00 EDT 2014

 > This doesn't, of course, alleviate the need for effective listen-
 > before-transmit on the automated station's side...  And, this doesn't
 > excuse the occasional Winlink sysop who sets up their node either
 > outside the automated subbands, or with more than 500Hz badwidth
 > configured.

With Winlink.org recommending system operators disable channel busy
detection and many system operators *advertising* PACTOR 3 and/or
WINMOR 1600 support on frequencies outside the automatic control
subbands, I think you are being charitable at best.  Both of these
actions are certainly contrary to good amateur practice and are
probably contrary to the regulations.  Considering that the actions
would appear to be intentional, they are deserving of substantial
monetary forfeitures and/or license suspension.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV