[RTTY] TS-850 (FSK) power-on settings

David VE3VID ve3vid at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 26 10:53:39 EDT 2014

Hello everyone  :)
I recently put a Kenwood TS-850 into service when my 450 developed issues.  Initially the 850 was transmitting, but not decoded by the other station.  Luckily a fellow told me I was transmitting in Reverse.    No problem, but why I wondered.  (PC Win7 MMTTY)
The "Power-on"  setting #11 on the TS-850  is for "FSK Transmission Key Short".   Space vs Mark.   I had it in the default setting of SPACE.  Swapping this softswitch to MARK has corrected the problem.
I'd like to hear from FSK ops using TS-850s to know what setting they are using.
73David
http://www.ve3vid.webs.com/