[RTTY] RTTY Tx options - advice requested

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Mon Dec 1 15:58:48 EST 2014

> You are using a K3. I tried to overdrive my K3 by turning all the
> "knobs to the right" on the K3 and the PC sound card. I then listened
> on my other K3 and I could not hear any audio harmonics at all on the
>  transmitted signal. This was with the 2Tone AFSK filter off.

You probably had CONFIG:AFSK TX = FIL On which inserts a narrow filter
around the selected tones *in the K3 DSP Modulator*.  That does a very
good job of narrowing non-coherent AFSK and getting rid of any hum or
harmonics introduced in the audio sages.

Unfortunately, that filter is unique to the K3 - none of the YaeComWood
transceivers offer such a filter - and maladjusted AFSK is worse than
the wider than optimal FSK they produce.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV