[RTTY] FT5ZM RTTY is a zoo

Tom Haavisto kamham69 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 19:14:24 EST 2014

I don't know these guys, and I was not there.  However, I don't think this
seems like a very good way of "educating" these folks in the errors of
their ways.

I have been a ham for close to 40 years.  I am 100% certain - without a
doubt - I have made a few mistakes over the years.  I strongly suspect
EVERYONE has done the same.  Posting MY call in a public forum on the
Internet and calling me a lid is NOT going to solve the problem, or help
educate me in the errors of my ways.

If you are that upset, spin the dial, turn your radio off, take up
drinking, or do something else that you find relaxing.  After that, send
the guy a note and explain what they did wrong, and offer to help.  I
guarantee that will get a much better reception, and will go a long way
towards correcting the problem.  Getting into a shouting match is simply
going to annoy everyone with no positive outcome.

Tom - VE3CX