[RTTY] FT5ZM Pileups

Nelson Moyer ku0a at mchsi.com
Sun Feb 2 19:30:26 EST 2014

Actually, the pileups aren't all that unruly. The wide split provides plenty
of room for the astute operator to find the last QSO and position himself in
an open spot nearby to let the DX find him. The tendency with the op today
was to favor the high end of the split, at least above 14.100 MHz. It only
took a few minutes to do what I described and get the Q. The key is finding
a truly open spot so the DX can find you, and I admit that's not easy when
he taking EU and NA at the same time. I heard much more jamming on phone and
CW than on RTTY today. Instead of complaining, go work them.

Nelson, KU0A