[RTTY] FT5ZM RTTY is a zoo

K0RC - Robert Chudek k0rc at citlink.net
Mon Feb 3 00:17:32 EST 2014

When I pushed the 20m button on my radio this afternoon, I thought I had
missed an announcement for a new CQWW RTTY DX contest. There was
wall-to-wall activity from 14080 up into 14120 territory! It seems to be a
great use of an otherwise dead part of the spectrum.

I worked FT5ZM within the first 30 minutes with my call sign. I am also one
of the W1AW/0 operators and thought I would see if I could get through with
the Centennial call sign. Hah! Three hours later I still did not get a
contact. I am using the same equipment, same antennas, same operator, and
same techniques... it's only a different call sign. I am convinced there IS
some "luck" in getting into their log!

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN