[RTTY] Change in pileup procedure?

Phil Sussman psussman at pactor.com
Tue Feb 4 11:39:29 EST 2014

Are there any 'hints' for working DX from a mobile (I have a camper with
RTTY capability) or QRP ? It seems to be that unless the DX station asks
for mobiles or QRPs, there's no way to 'break' a big pile-up.

The only saving grace that I have seen is a courteous big gun station
tells the DX, "there's a mobile (QRP) station calling you". The DX then
usually asks for such a station. That's happened for me once or twice,
but usually my 'DX mobile habit' goes unfed.

Any thoughts?

Thanks ES 73

de Phil - N8PS

-----