[RTTY] FREQUENCY IN USE BY ... EMERGENCY NETWORK

Jerry Flanders jeflanders at comcast.net
Sun Jan 5 19:18:53 EST 2014

So there I was, enjoying a nice run in the RU on about 14.133 at
23:54 or so and all of a sudden a station that did not ID itself told
me "FREQUENCY IN USE BY NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL EMERGENCY NETWORK
PLS MOVE TO ANOTHER FREQ THX".

Well, I acknowledged and immediately moved down a few KHz and tried
to finish the RU, but after 23:59 I went back up and tried to find
some net activity, but could not.

Anybody run into this before? Maybe there was a real net there that I
was inadvertently QRMming, but since the guy did not ID and I didn't
hear any activity there, I wonder...

I lost several Q's because of this (the freq I left was very hot).

BTW, I couldn't find any emergency net reference by GOOGLE.

Jerry W4UK