[RTTY] Comments by K4SBZ.. (JT65/JT9)

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 6 19:39:39 EST 2014

I also run other digital modes such as PSK31, JT65 and JT9. I just recently completed 8BWAS (10-80M) all on JT65 and all confirmed
via LoTW. So I've actually been more active on the JT-modes lately than I have been on RTTY.

I have no problem with CW stations overrunning the RTTY portion of the 10, 15, 20, 40 and 80 meter bands during CW contests. If I
want to run RTTY (or any other digital mode) during that time, I will just go to the WARC bands. PSK, JT65, JT9 and other digital
mode operators not working the RTTY contest would be wise to do the same thing during RTTY (and CW) contests.

That being said, I did notice that there were not as many stations running RTTY below 28080, 21080, and 14080 kHz MARK as there have
been in the past. This tells me that more and more RTTY contesters are aware of the other digital modes below 14080 kHz and are
respecting those modes. I remember just a year ago when it was not uncommon to find signals as low as 14072 kHz on 20 meters. That
is changing.

73, Don AA5AU