[RTTY] RTTY Roundup minimum off time?

Dave Hachadorian k6ll.dave at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 01:13:34 EST 2014

On Saturday evening during the RTTY Roundup, my wife cooked
something in the kitchen that smelled really wonderful.  I ran
out there, and quickly chowed down.  I was off the air for 25
minutes, and thought I would count that as one of my two allowed
breaks.  My other break was 5 hours and 35 minutes.  I didn't see
anything about 30 minute minimum breaks in the RU rules, but I
see in the General ARRL Rules that, unless otherwise specified,
breaks must be 30 minutes minimum.

How is the break time in the Roundup generally interpreted?  30
minutes minimum?  If so, I guess I will will lose some QSO's at
the end.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ