[RTTY] Ionospheric Physics

Shelby Summerville k4ww at twc.com
Tue Jan 7 04:19:11 EST 2014

AA5AU wrote: "The problem is that you would have to look at each contact to
see if you worked the station previously in the contest, then use a
different macro to send the S&P exchange. I realize it's not that hard to do
this, but when running SO2R or SO3R, it would become very tiresome to look
at each call as you work them to see if you worked them before, then use
separate macros based on the outcome."

IMHO, regardless of how many radios are on your desk, when you are operating
S/P, it is your responsibility to be as efficient as possible to the CQing
station? After all, it was "your" choice to call! And speaking of
"tiresome', very little infuriates me more, during a contest, as having to
wait on a "multiple radio" user to complete a contact on another band,
before returning to me. If I am CQing, and you answer me, you should be
ready, immediately, to send the exchange, in an equally efficient format
that you received it. If you are CQing, and I call you, I immediately return
my exchange. I realize that there are other reasons for the delay, so please
don't remind me of them. This is a competition, with incentives to win,
regardless of their value. When you value your time, more than you value my
time, you're being inconsiderate?
Personally, unless it is a "new", for me, DX station, I seldom turn my
station on, during the week. That is my "choice", and for those that enjoy
operating any/all other modes, but not contesting, it is also your "choice"
to operate during a major contest weekend.

C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW