[RTTY] RTTY RU - poor band condx

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Tue Jan 7 19:11:32 EST 2014

Actually at 0546Z on the 5th it was SFI=215 A=6 K=1 and by the end of the contest it was SFI=218 A=4 K=1. So on Sunday prime time,
propagation "should" have been good on 10 and 15 meters.

As Jay mentioned, there were radio blackouts and a there was a major flare (M4.0) at 1946Z on the 4th which would have been about 2
hours after the start of the contest. But that didn't seem to kill anything because 15 was really good on Saturday at least to
stateside.

The flares continue and there was an X-class flare today at 1832Z. The flux is up to 237 right now BUT the A is 8 and K is 3 and
that's not so good. Let's hope the sun keeps going for a while. Should make for fun contesting in upcoming contests.

73, Don AA5AU