[RTTY] The Empire Strikes Back....... RM-11708

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Tue Jan 7 19:30:08 EST 2014

On 1/7/2014 7:01 PM, Don Hill AA5AU wrote:
> Actually K1ZZ did operate RTTY Roundup and was quite active. I
> worked him on 15 and 20 meters and even found him running a
> frequency or two.

In which case I find it even more unbelievable that ARRL's Reply to
Comments can claim there is no present or future interference problem
between automatically operated wide bandwidth stations and traditional
narrow bandwidth modes.

Either the ARRL Executive Committee are incompetent or they are liars
(perhaps both).

I know they don't have the balls to present a coherent proposal to
abolish all separation between wideband and narrow band modes, they
intend to attack the "problem" one emission at a time.

Like a child who's parent has told them "no", they are going to keep
asking the Commission for more and more wideband access to the "low
end" of the bands until it is wideband everywhere all the time or the
Commission slaps them down.  In either case the average amateur
loses.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV