[RTTY] 2 Tone

Tom Martin tmartin at chartermi.net
Tue Jan 7 22:50:32 EST 2014

2 Tone decoded so well that I lost a few country multipliers!  I saw DX calls, UA0 and 9M6, for example ,in the 2 Tone window while I was running  but nothing was copied in the MMTTY window.  I realized, after several hours in, that I could click on the call inside the 2 Tone window.  Stupid!!!

Conditions on 10 meters were lousy up here in the U.P.  I thought that the high SFI would allow for more than 12 contacts on 10; so, I spent more time on 15 meters The North-South propagation was again the norm on 10.  I worked better DX on 10 meters months ago with a low SFI.  Just when you think you have this stuff figured out....?

I made a lot of Qs but DX multipliers were down.  Even 20 meters didn't have many Europeans aiming my way.

I had a lot of fun anyway.

73,

Tom W8JWN