[RTTY] WRITELOG.INI IN WINDOWS 8.1?

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Thu Jan 23 02:12:16 EST 2014

If you are running Win8 with User Account Control (UAC) enabled most likely
it is in what is called the Virtual Store path.  Have you previously run
Win7 or Vista?  If so you are probably familiar with the Virtual Store.  If
migrating from Win XP, it is a totally different animal.  Basically UAC will
not allow any software to make changes to program folders installed in
C:\Program Files, but instead redirects such changes to a shadow folder
maintained in the Virtual Store.

You can find the Virtual Store in a path name similar to the following:

C:\Users\AL9A\AppData\Local\VirtualStore

Of course your path name will be slightly different.  Also, the AppData
folder is a hidden file so all that follows it is also hidden unless you go
into the Control Panel and allow hidden files to be shown.  I don't have
Win8, but in Vista the location to make hidden folders visible is Control
Panel/Appearance and Personalization/Folder Options.  Once you can see
hidden folders look in ...Virtual Store\Windows.  Your writelog.ini file is
probably in that location.

73,
Gary AL9A