[RTTY] SPAM-LOW: Fwd: [MMTTY] Canada Gets 60 Meter Channels

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Thu Jan 23 09:06:25 EST 2014

With fewer than 10% of the licensees of the US, Canada does not need to
be concerned with interference issues.  Since the advent of wide band
modes (Phone), the FCC has held:

“Separation of emission types by bandwidth minimizes or reduces
interference because it protects narrow signals from interference from
wide signals. Amateur licensees have accepted this division of spectrum
as a method for minimizing interference for as long as the amateur
service has been regulated, and no commenter in this proceeding requests
eliminating emission segmentation based on bandwidth.”
   - Footnote 89, Report and Order WT 01-104 (2006)

Such policy is as useful today as it was when it was first adopted in
the 1930's.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV