[RTTY] RTTY RM 11708 in ARRL BOD

Dave Barr recordupe at verizon.net
Thu Jan 23 14:33:38 EST 2014

Here's item 51 (with my underlining):

WHEREAS the Board of Directors has received *_inquiries_***concerning RM
-11708 (the symbol rate petition); and
WHEREAS it is imperative that the Board of Directors *_inform_* our
membership in a uniform and comprehensive manner;
BE IT RESOLVED THAT the ARRL Board of Directors instructs staff to
immediately
prepare a set of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), along with *_their_*
answers concerning RM-11708 and place these FAQ onto arrl.org with a
*_static_* link on the home page for the pendency of RM-11708
------------------------
"Inquiries" is not the best word to define disagreements and
suggestions.  Opponents are not *asking* for anything other than a delay
in any rule making in this area.   Perhaps we should post some FAQs too.

"Inform" us ignorant digital types.  Not a give-and-take atmosphere
here.   It's imperial, errr... imperative.

"Their" answers.  Well, maybe out of context, but the answers certainly
will be theirs...  but who are they /really/?

"Static".  I love this.  Unchanging in the conservative sense, listening
to no one's concerns, or the interference that static often causes.

Item 47 goes hand in hand with item 51, showing a complete disregard for
two way communication.  Oh, isn't that what amateur radio is all about
(except for W1AW).

Dave, K2YG