[RTTY] Way to contact W1AW/* RTTY ops?

Shoppa, Tim tshoppa at wmata.com
Fri Jan 31 12:39:49 EST 2014

I've been having a lot of fun chasing W1AW/* centennial activations.

Some of the RTTY activation ops are using message macros that are far from optimal requiring so many repeats and a lot of inefficiency.

Two useful things they could be doing, is sending HISCALL twice in each response (preferably including once at the end), and making sure they send UP when listening up.

Is there some way we can get for example W0YK's or VA2UP's recommendations on contest exchanges, to these activations? Lecturing them about contest macros on the air doesn't seem wise. (Although I did hear someone giving a very effective lecture this morning about the right part of 75M phone to CQ for JA's).

Tim N3QE