[RTTY] The RTTY efficiency myth

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Tue Jul 15 07:40:39 EDT 2014

"Running out of time" is actually hidden within "Available time of
propagation to a given area".

For example, working the endless stream of JA's on a short opening, you
want to be running stations in the 180+ QSOs per hour rate. If the
opening lasts 60 minutes, you will put 180 calls into the log. If your
exchange is "inefficient", you will put much less than 180 QSOs in your
log during that opening.

As Hank, W6SX, pointed out, your exchange needs to be succinct in order
to covey the needed information as quickly as possible. That means: No
repeating the report back to the sending station, No "Please copy", No
RYRYRY's (I actually saw that in a recent contest!), No diddling around,
No AR, SK, K, Just his call, your requisite report to him, and your
call. Nothing more!

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN