[RTTY] The RTTY efficiency myth

Jeff AC0C keepwalking188 at ac0c.com
Tue Jul 15 12:14:52 EDT 2014

Oops.  Fired that off before proper coffee administration.

CORRECTED below...

It's great this guy asked.  That shows a respect for the traditions and that
he's interested in "doing it right."  Good for him.  There are plenty of
activities in life where individual expression benefits you, but radiosport
is unfortunately not one of them.

Being chatty (or anything other than the essentials) in a RTTY contest is
counter intuitive that it's not being courteous.  And helping a new guy
understand why is *not* a disservice or wasted time/bandwidth.  If a guy new
contesting asks (good for him!!!), the answer to give is to respect the
traditions
of the hobby - and that means - to educate them on the importance of the
crisp
and efficient exchange.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com