[RTTY] The RTTY efficiency myth and SUPERFILL

Bill Turner dezrat at outlook.com
Thu Jul 17 08:44:55 EDT 2014

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:          (may be snipped)

On 7/17/2014 4:25 AM, john at kk9a.com wrote:
> I would eliminate sending the callsign of
> the station that you are working.  Sending P40X before TU W6SX serves no
> purpose in this example. P40X knows that he is working you and is just
> waiting for some indication that you copied his report before spinning the
> VFO.

REPLY:

I disagree. Sending the other guy's callsign can help in situations of
QRM or QRN where there are two stations that both think you are working
them. Often neither one of them can hear the other. It happens more than
you might think. Sending only TU W6SX will cause both of them to log you
but one of them will be NIL. Sending P40X TU W6SX CQ reduces the
possible confusion.

73, Bill W6WRT