[RTTY] The RTTY efficiency myth and SUPERFILL

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Thu Jul 17 12:20:39 EDT 2014

Just to be clear, Since the original post was regarding dropping TU from
the acknowledgement, I suggested not sending the callsign in the last line
of W6SX's example and only sending TU W6SX CQ. Of course you have to send
their callsign the first time when giving a report or no one would know
who you came back to. I agree that there are occasions when an additional
station will also give a report simultaneously.  This happens in all modes
and then sending the worked station's call sign at the end may give a clue
to the other guy that he is not in your log.

"CQ TEST W6SX W6SX CQ
P40X
P40X 599 03
W6SX 599