[RTTY] DMC simultaneous with NAQP

Hank Garretson w6sx at arrl.net
Sat Jul 19 12:56:10 EDT 2014

> On Sat, Jul 19, 2014 at 9:43 AM, Jim N7US <jim at n7us.net> wrote:
>
> I just programmed a spare message with "599 001 IL NAME??  NAME??" .  Would
> that be valid for NAQP if the DX station does send his name?

Exchange for NAQP is NAME STATE/PROV/COUNTRY for North American stations
and just NAME for DX.

Please do not send 599 or a serial number. Just JIM IL.

I suggest that best would be programming your spare message with NAME?

1. Normally, if you are unsure of what the other guy sent you, it is best
to get that straightened out before sending your exchange.

2. You already have an F-key with your exchange. If you decide you want to
send your exchange and also ask for name, then you can cascade your
Exchange F-key with the NAME? F-key.

Have fun.

Contest Exuberantly,

Hank, W6SX