[RTTY] ARRL BOD minutes and NAQP RTTY QRM

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Thu Jul 31 13:18:44 EDT 2014

> but precedent would indicate that the 200 watt limit would be applied
> to all license classes, not just Technician class.

Not necessarily.  Technicians are currently limited to 200W CW on
3525-5600, 7025-7125, 21,025-21,200 and 28,000-28,300 and 200W PEP
SSB from 28,300-28,500.  Other classes are not restricted to that
200W PEP output limit.

It would be "a good thing" to expand the 80 meter narrowband segment
by 50 KHz (to 3650) but there is no reason to establish separate
Technician class digital sub-bands.  The goal of allowing Techs to
experience digital modes can be achieved simply by adding 60H0J2B
(PSK31) and 350HF1B/350HJ2B (45.45 baud/170 Hz shift Baudot RTTY) to
the CW and SSB authorization in 97.307f(10)

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV