[RTTY] QRM to W1AW/0 (MO) RTTY

Jay WS7I ws7ik7tj at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 21:44:41 EDT 2014

Chen was of course correct.

Easy to just google K1MAN and read about all of his stuff on his
broadcasting.  Which brings to mind a story from years ago.

Hal and I were running a SARTG or something like that and it was really
slow.  This was back when K1MAN was just doing his RTTY Net which was
shortly before he got in the broadcasting effort.  He met each Saturday
at 11:00 AM local or something like that.

I could hear them just fine so checked into his "net" and assumed Net
Control and put out a few lines how this morning we would be conducting
a little experiment and would be requiring a certain exchange on
entering the net.  Of course a signal report and what ever the contest
exchange was back then which escapes me after this many years.  I ran
about 30 stations in short order.  Called a fairly loud one after giving
each of the 30 a report and turned back control to K1MAN's guy.

Few recall that before his audio days he got his start on good old steam
boat RTTY.  But he also didn't have much of an AMP in those days so he
was easily worked.

Always nice to know when the ARRL's 14.095 schedule kicks off and when
it ends as its a nice clear frequency when they are done.

Its sort of like the beacons.  Which I think are silly, but I do stay
away from them its just easier and folks do like to use them.

Jay WS7I