[RTTY] Reason for W1AW/P Delayed LOTW Uploads

Dick Kriss aa5vu at att.net
Sun Jun 8 16:39:38 EDT 2014

Tim N3QF,

Thanks for the note. I was not aware of the time consuming serial process… individual station, to state organizer, to ARRL HQ, to some LoTW record keeping.  I now have a better appreciation for the delays. I was wrongfully under the impression each station would upload his log and the LoTW robot would crunch the data.

Congrats on just being 5 away from 160 Meter DXCC on LoTW.  That is impressive.

73 Dick AA5VU

Ps: Kudos to the ARRL staff for the 2014 W1AW/P Centennial QSO Party. It has been the most fun I have had in ham radio for years. We all like the instant gratification of working something needed… and there is always something needed on-the-air. Some band slots are easy and some are really hard. Some of the pileup would make you think a P5 was calling CQ