[RTTY] RM-11708 and the ARRL

W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Tue Jun 10 12:13:31 EDT 2014

RM-11708 and the ARRL issue are related.

What we are seeing and will see more of if 11708 passes is willful
interference along with 2.8khz wide signals.

Section 97.101(d) of the Commission's Rules prohibits amateur operators
from willfully or maliciously interfering with or causing interference
to any radio communication or signal. 47 C.F.R. § 97.101(d).

How can it be acceptable for one operator or control op to do it but not
winlink pactor, etc.

The ARRL has no listening capabilities prior to firing up their
bulletins and while winlink, ale, pactor claim to have some sort of busy
channel protection we know that it either does not work or they don't
use it.

I don't support 11708 or anyone breaking the rules.

Turn off your ARRL fan boy emitters for just a second  and look at the
big picture.  It is not ok for ANYONE to willfully interfere with
another amateur period, the end.

W0MU