[RTTY] Jumping ship? Not me

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Wed Jun 11 14:15:39 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I am saddened to see so many respected RTTY ops deserting this reflector.
While I understand their frustration at the number of emails concerning the
ARRL/FCC debates, I have a perfectly adequate delete key which copes with
this.

Having said that, I think it would be a good idea - for now - to move it to
a new reflector, and leave this one for which it is really intended.

This new act may well have an impact on everyone, not just those in the USA,
so I do have a sneaking interest.
But, the nub of the thing is that putting your personal point of view to
everyone on this reflector seems to me to be a complete waste of time.
Would it not be far more productive if you were to send these opinions to
your section manager, and then make sure he understands your feelings?

I would guess that everyone here agrees that this is "bad for business", but
unless you all badger your section managers and get your point of view
escalated, it won't do much good here.

Just my own thoughts..........

73

Phil GU0SUP