[RTTY] MMTTY, permanently disable AFC

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Mon Jun 16 15:25:18 EDT 2014

Another trick is to recall a profile, enter MMTTY Setup, go to the
AFC/ATC/PLL tab, manually enter "0.4" in the Sweep box, save the change
and then *update the profile*.  In any case, I would not use anything
more than 0.5 which is the smallest value that can be selected in the
[default] drop down listing.

This limits AFC so it will move *no more than 70 Hz* (.4 x 170).  That
will allow AFC to "fine tune" but not cause you to go chasing all over
the band.  Thanks to G3YYD for the idea <G>.

Even with AFC On/Net Off in Run and AFSK Off/NET On in S&P you want to
limit the AFC range.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV