[RTTY] Secrets of RTTY Sprinting

iain macdonnell - N6ML ar at dseven.org
Wed Mar 12 11:27:29 EDT 2014

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 7:44 AM, Hank Garretson <w6sx at arrl.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 5:00 AM, Kai <k.siwiak at ieee.org> wrote:
>
>> Ken
>> Perhaps sending the call sign at the end of a QSO might be an
>> over-interpretation of the FCC rule to send one's call sign at the end of a
>> QSO?
>>

> Kai, take a read at http://www.kkn.net/n6tr/sprint.html . The examples are
> basically for CW, but apply equally to RTTY. The sprint protocol keeps
> everyone on the same track and makes sprinting fun.

I believe that Kai understands the Sprint format, and was just
postulating the reason that some people "violate" it is due to a
perceived regulatory requirement to send one's callsign at the (very)
end of every transmission. I suspect, however, that it's just
ignorance (not meant in an impolite way) in most cases...

73,

    ~iain / N6ML