[RTTY] RM-11708 Vision of the future

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Fri Mar 14 15:37:44 EDT 2014

I'm sick and tired of those who claim it is necessary to kill the
patient in order to save it.  If ARRL truly wanted to prevent digital
modes greater than 2800 Hz in the Cw/RTTY bands and still allow for
"fast" data, all they needed to to was ask the FCC to allow RTTY and
Data where other wideband modes (phone and data) are already permitted
and where those modes are effectively limited to 3 KHz for a single
channel or 6 KHz for multiplexed modes and traditional AM.  That
coupled with a 500 Hz limit in the narrow band segments (traditional
CW and RTTY) would have *completely solved the problem* without any
chance of increased interference to the 99%+ of operators who use
traditional narrow band modes.

Anyone who claims 2.8 KHz data is a "necessary update" has their head
stuck so far up a dark and smelly orifice that they have no hope of
ever seeing sunlight.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV