[RTTY] About N4II's experiment...

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Sat Mar 15 17:37:45 EDT 2014

> It's not like simple AFSK, where you just need to follow the
> manufacturer's instructions.

Only follow the manufacturers instructions if the manufacturer knows
how to give valid instructions - unlike some PhDs who think they can
increase the speed of light by almost 50% at will.

Manufacturers who skip the chipmaker's recommended regulator for the
sound ADC, who fail to properly decouple (filter) the USB power, who
fail to regulate the V/2 reference for their op-amps and who fail to
adequately decouple their power distribution bus certainly can't be
trusted to know what they're doing when it comes to instructions
about setting AFSK levels.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV