[RTTY] List of Winlink stations

Terry ab5k at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 16 11:56:30 EDT 2014

The automated packet robots do not meet the ARRL Considerate Operator's
Frequency Guide that says "It's good practice--and plain old common
sense--for any operator, regardless of mode, to check to see if the
frequency is in use prior to engaging operation. If you are there first,
other operators should make an effort to protect you from interference to
the extent possible".

The purpose of a band plan per the ARRL is:  "A band  plan refers to a
voluntary division of a band to avoid interference between incompatible
modes."

The ARRL is soliciting input for a new band plan that accommodates RM-11708.
The recent interference of robot packet to the FT5 DX-Expedition has the
attention of lots of folks.    This is the perfect time to move the
automated packet stations out of traditional RTTY/CW/SSB sub bands as they
have proven to cause interference.    That's is why we have to submit inputs
the ARRL band plan committee.