[RTTY] List of Winlink stations

Dave AA6YQ aa6yq at ambersoft.com
Sun Mar 16 13:35:27 EDT 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: RTTY [mailto:rtty-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of John Becker
Sent: Sunday, March 16, 2014 1:02 PM
To: rtty at contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] List of Winlink stations

On 3/16/2014 10:16 AM, Jeff AC0C wrote:
> John,
>
> Ah, if it were only so in reality.
>
> Winlink interprets the subband restriction as specifically **not**
> applying to their system.  See paragraph #2 on this page:

Then what was the purpose of the sub band from the get go?

>>>You have asked this question many times on may groups and reflectors over
the years. Each time, I have posted the FCC's rationale that accompanied
97.221.  It effectively says "so that hams can develop techniques to reduce
the interference from automatic stations".

>>>It does NOT say "so automatic stations will have a set of frequencies for
their exclusive use".

Seems that some (pactor operators) played be that but other did not.

JAB