[RTTY] Digital Operators Band Plan Committee

Ron Kolarik rkolarik at neb.rr.com
Mon Mar 17 19:09:49 EDT 2014

We shouldn't have to move if the ARRL would adopt the Region 2 bandplan.
Don't get fixated on mode, application is more important and if the lower band
ends follow the Region 2 plan the problem is solved. ACDS confined to very
upper ends and wideband digi could use the voice/image segments. As Jay
pointed out it would be an advantage in an Emcomm situation to be able to
transmit voice/image/data on a single frequency. Of course it would mean the
FCC would have to authorize data in the voice/image segment and getting
rid of Part 97.221 to haul in the outlaws.

Ron
K0IDT