[RTTY] RTTY Digest, Vol 135, Issue 33

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Wed Mar 19 10:12:12 EDT 2014

On 3/19/2014 9:35 AM, Michael Adams wrote:
 > It doesn't take much of a message for a narrow sub-300bps signal to
 > become painfully slow, and potentially problematic if conditions
 > aren't the best.

If conditions aren't good enough for 300 symbols per second, they will
certainly not be any better for faster signals.  PACTOR N is simply
trying to force a camel through an eye of the needle.  300 baud is
enough for *amateur* purposes at HF - if there is a requirement for
faster communications, take it to commercial internet either maritime
service or satellite based service.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV