[RTTY] QST article about Win XP

Ben Antanaitis - WB2RHM wb2rhm at wb2rhm.com
Sat Mar 22 15:48:54 EDT 2014

All,

FWIW,  FYI,

It isn't perfect, but Laplink makes an XP to Win7 or Win8 PCMover
Tool that does 95% of the work for you to 'migrate' your
APPs,  settings, moves licenses (if you had to license a program when
installed), documents, etc.

They have a discounted price sale for folks moving from XP to
Win7/8...... you can 'upgrade-in-place' or move to a 'different'
PC.  Hook is one license per machine.....

http://www.laplink.com/pcmoverexpressxpeol

I have used the Pro version (4 of them) to migrate 3 desktops and one
laptop from XP Pro to Windows 7 Pro and most went well......  but
never is it more true than with this tool...RTFM... carefully, note
all steps and do them in the right order.....  luckily, I had DISC
IMAGES of each XP machine before beginning the process.

Microsoft is offering a FREE "lite" version that migrates your XP
machine data (BUT NOT YOUR APPs) here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/xp/transfer-your-data.aspx

73,

Ben - WB2RHM