[RTTY] A RM-11708 Question

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Mon Mar 24 16:53:31 EDT 2014

The FCC have generally accepted comments on amateur proceedings until
the time they make a final decision.  Open simply means the Commission
have not acted on the matter.

There is nothing to prevent anyone from submitting additional comments
- witness the spam in the comment file.  Whether the Commission staff
take those comments into account when formulating their draft for the
Commissioners to act on is unknown.

I see another League functionary confusing the issue with "Facts" that
Newington and the PACTOR IV lobby would like everyone to believe are
true - including the outright lie that automatic operation is only
permitted in limited sub bands and that separation of bandwidth has
never been the policy of the Commission.

If it isn't the Commission's long held policy to protect narrow width
modes from interference by wide band signals, why did the Commission
limit automatic operations outside the subbands to 500 Hz and why did
they tell ARRL to shut up and go away when ARRL wanted 3 KHz IMAGE
modes in the area protected for narrow band operations?

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV